Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sarah Laughed

Hello readers! I know, long time no hear from. But I was taking a break. And then I was too grumpy to write. Now, I can't help myself.
At the beginning of May I was reminded once again of the story of Abraham and Sarah. Now, Sarah laughed twice regarding her infertility:
Once was in God's face. I mean it, she literally laughed in His face when He told her she'd have a baby soon. And believe me when I say, I know exactly how she felt!
The second time was when she gave birth to her son, Isaac. She said that she laughed and that everyone who heard about what she had gone through and about her son would laugh too. This time, she laughed in joy, not pain.
I couldn't get that story out of my head last month. Over and over, every time I'd doubt, or be sad. Or when our OPK didn't show that I was ovulating, in spite of using Clomid last month. Through it all I tried to remember this.
When Dan and I went to my OB on June first to talk about why I didn't ovulate the nurse suggested a pregnancy test. I grudgingly gave a urine sample. A little bit later, my OB peeked her head in and said "You're positive."
I was stunned, as was Dan right next to me; but that only lasted a half second. We laughed and cried for about fifteen minutes or so and then we did a blood test. The results later that night showed that we were definitely pregnant.
Today, we went in for our first ultrasound. I'm six weeks and four days along and the baby looks perfect.
It still doesn't seem real some days that the journey is over and a new one is beginning. Sometimes all I can focus on is not throwing up all over the floor (so far I've only had nausea and fatigue, but there's a been a few close calls on the actual vomiting department the last few days.) But today, with seeing the heart beat and seeing this small thing inside of me...Well, it brought it home to me and I started to cry some more.
Our baby is a miracle to us. We didn't think we could conceive without an IUI, but we did. We were worried I wasn't ovulating, but I was. And God put it all together and said "Now is the time."
I laughed, like Sarah. And everyone we've told has laughed and cried too.
So I guess God was trying to give me a heads up for what was to come.
If you'd like to follow my pregnancy blog, it is Sarah Laughed.

Thanks to all of you who came with me on this journey, who cried with me and prayed or thought good thoughts for us. I hope this makes you laugh.

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

Oh, sweetie, I laughed and I cried and I'm still crying. I just can't express how happy I am for you. Big, big hug!!

Dan Heinrich said...

You are such a blessing and I am still amazed you agreed to share my life. And I cannot wait to share it with the little one, too. I love you.

TD said...

All that mushy stuff and more. You guys rock. As friends, partners, future parents, and as just plain good human beings.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Yesssssssssssss! Awesome news!!!!

OMG I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I feel like we should have a virtual baby shower!!!!!! LOL
I will definitely go read your other blog!
Congrats woman!

Trish Loyd said...

Thanks guys! I love you all! Big hug and kisses!